- THE POWER SYSTEM AND ELECTRIC POWER GENERATION
- BASIC PRINCIPLES
- GENERATOR AND TRANSFORMER MODELS; THE PER-UNIT
- TRANSMISSION LINE PARAMETERS
- LINE MODEL AND PERFORMANCE
- POWER FLOWANALYSIS
- OPTIMAL DISPATCH OF GENERATION
- SYNCHRONOUS MACHINE TRANSIENT ANALYSIS
- BALANCED FAULT
- SYMMETRICAL COMPONENTS AND UNBALANCED FAULT
- POWER SYSTEM CONTROL
- INTRODUCTION TO MATLAB
- REVIEW OF FEEDBACK CONTROL SYSTEMS
- POWER SYSTEM TOOLBOX
ANSWERS TO PROBLEMS
POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS THIRD EDITION WITH CD-ROM by Hadi Saadat
Ships from and sold by PSA Publishing LLC
Power System Analysis is designed for senior undergraduate or graduate electrical engineering students studying power system analysis and design. The book gives readers a thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts of power system analysis and their applications to real-world problems. MATLAB and SIMULINK, ideal for power system analysis, are integrated into the text, which enables students to confidently apply the analysis to the solution of large practical power systems with ease.
In the third edition, Chapter 1 is revised comprehensively to include energy resources and their environmental impacts. It covers various fossil-fuel power plants as well as all modern power plants using renewable energy sources. Also, this chapter includes discussion of the emergence of the smart grid and the role of power electronics in modern power systems. In this edition, programs, functions, and SIMULINK diagrams have been updated to run on the latest version of MATLAB (V7.10, R210a).
- An accompanying CD-Rom contains the author developed Power System Toolbox for typical power system analysis. The software modules are designed for interactive use with MATLAB, and the user can mix them for many studies related to the operation and analysis of power systems.
- Contains more than 140 illustrative examples that use MATLAB and SIMULINK to assist in the analysis of power systems.
- Includes several interactive MATLAB's graphical user interface (GUI) programs which enhances the learning process.
- Appendices include an introduction to MATLAB, SIMULINK, and an introduction to relevant control system topics. In addition, the text provides numerous problems at the end of chapters with numerical answers.
Hadi Saadat is a Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering at the Milwaukee school of Engineering. Before retirement in 2004 he was a fulltime professor at MSOE since 1988, active in teaching and research in the general area of power system analysis, electrical machines, network theory, control systems simulations, and computer methods in power systems. He has worked in industry and previously taught at Michigan Technological University and other institutions in the United States and abroad. He has an extensive back-ground in power system analysis and engineering education, with publication credits for numerous papers, reports and textbooks in his areas of expertise. He graduated from Faraday House Engineering College in London England in 1963. He received his M. S. degree in electrical engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in 1966 and his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1972.